Search engine optimization is definitely about using the right signals for a better ranking success. But other than all its positive combinations of ranking factors, there are obviously other things that anyone should avoid.
Spamming search engines is one of the most common things that most people do. But believe it or not, only a few of them know that they have already spammed a search engine. It is even hard to tell is someone have accidentally spammed or not. But the most real thing is that search engines are checking every bit of the information you have on your website and will make decisions on whoever deserves a penalty.
In order to avoid possible violations and spam penalties, it would be best if you check out some of the things that you ought not to do.
- Avoid Keyword Stuffing. This is considered as the most common and oldest spamming technique. Right, search engines are requiring you to include relevant words you can use for your pages. But that doesn’t mean that you have to use those words like a hundred in a page. Keyword stuffing can really cause you to be penalized.
- Avoid thin and shallow site Content. This is one of the new guideline which was considered by Google recently. When “Panda” was rolled in February of 2011, they started to treat thin or shallow content same as an explicit spam technique. A content that has a lacking substance will also receive a penalty hit.
- Avoid using Hidden Text. Most spammers are using this tactic next to keyword stuffing. Hiding text that users can’t see or blending them with the background of the page is no-no. Search engines need to see everything that a human user can see or you’ll be penalized when caught.
- Avoid Cloaking. This is often recognized as a sophisticated way of hiding text. In which search engines will be seeing a completely different version of your page that what users can see. Seriously, search engines don’t like it and anyone caught doing it will get a heavy penalty. Even Google banned itself for cloaking because it is definitely against the SEO practices.
- Avoid Link Spamming. Many are tempted to drop different links in forums and blog sites around. This is often and easiest way to spam. And you are obviously not doing SEO. All those links you leave behind will make users think that SEO is more of spamming which is far from the truth. For that reason, you are viable to face a penalty on that.